Last minute wedding Abroad
Covid has pretty much ruined lots of plans since early 2020! We’ve been forced to put our plans on hold waiting for things to get back to some type of normality and this year we’re really looking forward to our first full season for TWO years!
This year we’ve had an influx of enquiries from couples wanting to plan a last minute wedding abroad. Many have experienced delays in their plans for 2 years causing them to reflect, priorities or tastes have changed and with it, they’ve decided to get married abroad.
Although most of our weddings are planned up to 2 years in advance leaving plenty of time get all the details in place. A last minute wedding has to be planned at super speed, however there are many advantages of planning a last minute wedding abroad, so we thought it would be handy to list a few of these, for those of you currently toying with this idea.
- Last minutes weddings tend to be smaller, so less arranging for you with not as many acceptances and menu choices to chase down. The intimacy allows you to be more relaxed overall about your plans and to an extent ‘ go with the flow’.
- The details tend to be more straight forward, simply as you don’t have time to leisure over 100’s of details and there might not be as much choice. Some people love this simple way of planning and this is exactly why they want a last minute wedding abroad.
- It’s a great way to enjoy a holiday (after 2 years of no travel) and have an amazing celebration at the same time! What a celebration it will be.
- You can still have a legal wedding, as long as we have 4/5 months to prepare all the necessary papers, we’ve even done this in less time, and as long as you’re organised it’s possible.
- You do need to be very relaxed with a last minute wedding abroad. You might find less choice of supplier, or venue, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but just the reality of booking a wedding when many suppliers already have busy diaries! But as long as you’re relaxed and happy to go with our recommendations (which are always pre qualified) you can still have an amazing last minute wedding abroad. In fact this is why some people choose this type of wedding.
If you’re considering tying the knot this year and want to speak with us about potential venues and possibilities then call us today!
Here’s a guideline of how long we’d need for a wedding abroad in each destination for a legal wedding, with a none legal wedding this can be reduced by 1 to 2 months.
Zakynthos – 3/ 4 months
Santorini 3 to 4 months
Rhodes 4 to 5 months
Crete 4 to 5 months
Kos 4 to 5 months
As we need at least four months to plan a last minute wedding we’ll be closing our diary in the next few weeks, so don’t delay email us at firstname.lastname@example.org