Here are a some of our favourite appearances in the press over the last few years.
Lisa has a regular spot as the ‘Ask The Planners’ Agony Aunt in our favourite destination wedding magazine – Brides Abroad! So if you have any worries or problems regarding your wedding abroad send Lisa an email and you may be featured! email@example.com
We love being nominated for awards! Its shows that our team are being recognised for all the hard work we do. It also means we get invited to some very nice glitzy parties! Here are a few of our most honoured awards nominations.
- Regional Highly Commended Award for best independent wedding planner – The 2016 Wedding Industry Awards
- Award Winner – Wedding Industry Expert Awards 2014
- Nominated as Best Destination Wedding Planner in Wedding Industry Experts awards 2014
- WeddingsOnline.ie – Top Wedding Suppliers 2013 – Weddings Abroad Supplier of the Year – Finalist.
- Yorkshire Business Women of Achievement Award – Finalist.
- Women in Business Awards – International Business Women of the Year – Nominee.
- Lisa Burton from The Bridal Consultant is BBC Sheffield’s go to person for anything wedding related!
2022 and earlier
- Who should you invite to you wedding and should you leave out ‘old people’, whilst I would have done anything to have had my Granny at my wedding she was too old to travel, I also understand your wedding is about you and ultimately you have to do what’s right for you! Here’s my thoughts on putting together a guest list and how to be considerate and delicate about who to ‘not’ invite Read here
- Talking about awkward wedding speeches Bored Panda on Weird Wedding Speeches
- Would you be a bridesmaids if you had to agree to 37 rules??? Bored Panda asked us what we thought about bridesmaids rules Read about all the rules here
- Would you charge your guests for not attending your wedding? Bored Panda asked us to comment on this very subject, see what we thought here.
- Bored Panda asked us to comment on a bride becoming a BRIDEZILLA – Read the full article here
- See us weigh in on the discussion about whether it’s ever ok for the Mother of the Groom to wear white at your wedding. Read Full Article Here
- Our intimate wedding in Santorini featured in Brides Magazine
- Rebecca & Adam’s wedding featured in Brides Magazine
- Our fashion blogger bride Georgia’s wedding to Chris featured in Brides Magazine
- Fashion Blogger, Georgia talks about planning her wedding in Santorini Brides Magazine
- Marianne featured as bride of the month in Wedding Ideas Magazine
- Lisa’s Agony Aunt column in Bride’s Abroad magazine issue 23.
- Gemma and David’s Crete wedding featured on Chic and Stylish weddings
- Gemma and David’s Crete wedding featured in Bride’s Abroad magazine issue 22.
- Lisa’s Agony Aunt column in Bride’s Abroad magazine issue 22.
- Interviewed by the Daily Telegraph talking about the rise in popularity of weddings abroad
- The Bridal Consultant featured in the winter issue of Ellwed magazine
- Our founder Lisa invited to speak on BBC radio about the significance of the first dance (3rd of Nov )
- Vicky and Lee’s Santorini Wedding featured in Ellwed Blog
- Alexandra and Oliver’s gorgeous Santorni wedding feature in the Autumn issue of Ellwed
- Lisa’s tips on planning a luxury wedding abroad featured in the Autumn issue of Ellwed
- Helen and Williams wedding featured on Getting married in Greece blog
- Maria and Tomasz’s beach wedding in Crete featured in Ellwed
- Helen and William’s wedding in Santorini featured on ‘Getting Married in Greece’ blog.
- Julianna and Victor’s Santorini wedding featured in Munaluchi Bride blog
- Lisa’s Agony Aunt Feature in Brides Abroad magazine issue 20.
- Lisa our founder was interviewed on BBC radio Sheffield about why she started the Bridal Consultant (6th of February breakfast call in programme)
- An image from a real wedding that took place at our most popular Santorini venue, Sunset View Terrace featured in ‘Say Yes to the Dress UK’ on Friday 6th January on TLC
- Nat and Matt’s Rethymno Beach wedding in Crete featured in Bride’s Abroad Magazine issue 19
- Lisa’s Agony Aunt feature in Brides Abroad Magazine issue 19
- Helen and William’s Santorini Gem wedding photographed by Phosart featured on Style Me Pretty – The Vault
- Charlotte and Neil’s quirky Cameo Island wedding featured on Off Beat Bride.
- Lisa’s most recent Agony Aunt column featured in Brides Abroad Magazine issue 18.
- Cat and Liam’s gorgeous Santorini wedding featured in Brides Abroad issue 18 (page 37)
- Rachel and Fraser’s elegant Santorini wedding featured on Want That Wedding blog
- Lisa’s styled shoot in Florence, Italy featured on Plans and Presents blog.
- Lisa’s styled shoot in Florence, Italy featured on The Wedding Bazaar.
- Lisa’s beach boho styled shoot in Marbella featured on Boho Weddings.
- Liam and Cat’s beautiful Santorini wedding featured in Ultimate Wedding Magazine.
- Nichola and Andrew’s Cameo Island wedding in Zante featured in Brides Abroad magazine issue 17.
- Lisa’s most recent Agony Aunt column in Brides Abroad Magazine issue 17.
- Alex and Oliver’s elegantly stylish Santorini wedding also featured on popular Style Me Pretty blog. See it here!
- Alex and Oliver’s elegantly stylish Santorini wedding featured on Style and The Bride wedding blog
- Lisa’s ‘Something Blue’ inspiration shoot in Santorini feature on Brides Up North. See it here.
- Lisa’s most recent Agony Aunt column in issue 16 of Brides Abroad magazine. See it here.
- Christina and John’s beautiful Rethymno beach wedding in Crete featured in issue 16 of Brides Abroad magazine, See it here.
- Our Santorini couple Liam and Cat’s wedding featured in OK magazing.
- Lisa’s beach boho styled shoot in Marbella featured on Destination Wedding Details blog.
- Lisa was featured on BBC radio this morning (21/09/2015) talking about how to avert wedding disasters.
- Lisa’s styled wedding shoot in Marbella featured on a very popular Norwegian blog, see it here.
- We’re officially one of Junebug’s preferred suppliers for weddings in Greece! They only choose 10 suppliers worldwide for each category so this is a huge achievement for us! If you’re in the UK and don’t know of Junebug see the link below (it’s one of the worlds top blogs for weddings). http://junebugweddings.com/top-wedding-planners-famous-celebrity-designers/Greece/The-Bridal-Consultants
- Lisa’s regular Agony Aunt column featured in Brides Abroad magazine issue 15
Click here to read
- Vicky and Andrew’s wedding at The Ladies Pavilion, Central Park, New York featured in Hello magazine! Click here to read
- The Bridal Consultant – a featured supplier on UK wedding blog Brides Up North Click here to read
- Lisa’s most recent Agony Aunty column featured in Brides Abroad issue 14 Click here to read
- Emma and Chris’s Italian wedding featured in Brides Abroad issue 14 Click here to read
- Lisa’s feature about weddings in New York in Brides Abroad issue 14 Click here to read
- Featured on Weddbook Blog – 5 Top Tips for planning a luxury wedding in Santorini Click here to read
- Featured on Brides Without Borders Blog – 5 Top Tips for planning a luxury wedding in Santorini
- 5th of September Lisa on BBC Radio talking about the stresses of planning a wedding
- Jessica and Paul’s Santorini Princess wedding featured on Plans and Presents wedding blog
Click here to read
- 11th of August Lisa on BBC Radio talking about unfortunate events at weddings following torrential downpours this weekend at a marquee wedding at Wentworth Castle gardens.
- Christina and John’s Crete Beach wedding featured on Plans and Presents wedding blog Click here to read
- Featured on Mark Pugh Photography blog – Wedding supplier of the month Click here to read
- 14th of July Lisa on BBC Radio Sheffield talking about shot gun weddings!
- Brides Abroad issue 12 Ask The Planners and our 18 month Wedding Abroad planner
- Featured on Brides Without Borders Blog – 5 Secrets to creating the perfect romantic beach wedding on Cameo island in Zakynthos
- 10th of April Lisa on BBC Radio Sheffield talking about big budget weddings abroad.
- 8th of April Lisa on BBC Radio Sheffield talking about whether the bride should ever go on the grooms stag do!
- Lisa’s regular Agony Aunt Column in the new edition of Brides Abroad Issue 11 See it here
- Emma and Chris’ Italian wedding featured on intimate weddings See it here
- Our head wedding planner Lisa’s regular Agony Aunt feature See it here
- Helen and Mike’s real Santorini wedding featured in Brides Abroad see it here
- Brides Abroad Magazine – Santorini Wedding Feature see it here
- Special Days Aren’t Just for Weddings – North West Business Life – asked to contrtibute our tips on running a successful business
See it here
- The Bridal Consultant – from Bride to Businesswomen feature in August 2013’s Women’s Own! See it here
- The Bridal Consultant’s move to Chester covered in the one of the City’s leading newspapers
- FRL magazine – Lisa Burton asked to write a feature on the rising popularity of weddings abroad for their July issue.
- Brides Abroad Magazine Issue 9 July 2013. We have several features in this issue:
- The real life wedding of Kirsty and Gary Charman who were married on Turtle Island on 10th of August 2010 (pages 78 – 82)
- A great article on weddings in Zante written by Lisa Burton, Head Wedding Planner (pages 76 and 77) read here
- Lisa Burton’s regular wedding abroad Agony Aunt column (page 94 ) read here
- The Sun Newspapers Sunday magazine “Fabulous” 30th of June 2013
Lisa Burton interviewed and photographed about her career as a wedding planner – image coming soon!
- The Times Newspaper – Lisa interviewed by The Times 30th of May about the growth of wedding abroad industry
- BBC Radio Sheffield – Lisa interviewed by Paulette Edwards on giving wedding presents 9th of May
- Sheffield Star – Award hope for couple’s firm
- Sheffield Star – Lisa contributes to ‘Romantic recollections for Valentine’s Day’Yorkshire Post – On the spot with Lisa Burton
- Sheffield Telegraph – Lisa featured in an article about her best holiday.
Lisa Burton – My Best Trip
- Brides Abroad Winter 2012/13 is out now. Read Lisa’s agony aunt column on page 104
In case you can’t wait here are 3 quick pics!
- Sheffield Star – 13th December 2012
Matt was featured in their ‘Food for Thought’ column
- 5 Star Wedding Directory
Lisa supplied a fearture highlighting Six Sensational Wedding Destinations
- Wedding Ideas Magazine
Lisa advised a bride who had overspent on her dress where she could save.
- Perfect Wedding Magazine November 2012
Featured Belinda and Craig who we helped get married at Conservatory Gardens in Central Park, New York.
- Candis Magazine October 2012
Lisa was asked to take part in a debate for Candis Magazine.
- Sheffield Star Business Magazine September 2012
Matt was selected for the feature ‘Me and my car’
- Brides Abroad Summer 2012
Lisa’s ‘Ask the Planners’ in Brides Abroad
- Northern Life Magazine
We’ve teamed up with Northern Life Magazine to offer a free wedding dress travel box to one lucky bride, see the link below to enter, page 107
- Olympic Holidays, Olympic Holidays used a wedding photo of one of our couples for the cover of the 2013 wedding brochure. Dean and Geniene were married at the Suite of the Gods in Santorini.
See the Olympic cover here
- Wedding Ideas August How to Save in Every Season.
Lisa contributes to Wedding Ideas magazine article page 1 & 2.
Lisa contributes to Wedding Ideas magazine article page 3 & 4.
- Woman’s Own Summer Special Our holiday romances led to lasting love.
Lisa talks to Woman’s Own about meeting Matt.
- Radio Sheffield
On 7th of July Matt was on with Howie.
- Radio Sheffield
On 3rd of July Lisa was invited to speak on BBC radio Sheffield about P&O’s birthday and cruising (for working and holidays!).
- Radio Sheffield
Rony Robinson interviewed Matt for his show on BBC Radio Sheffield on 19th June.
- Sheffield Star Father’s Day feature, Saturday 16th June 2012.
Matt in the Sheffield Star – Father’s Day feature.
- Profile Magazine June 2012 My Top 10
Lisa’s Top 10.
- Yorkshire Business Women of Achievement Award – Lisa was nominated and made it through to the finals.
- The Daily Mail invited Lisa to Matt Roberts Mayfair Studio in London to take part in feature on fitness in business – to be featured soon.
- Sheffield Telegraph Food For Thought, Thursday 19th April 2012. Lisa in the Sheffield Telegraph – Food for Though.
- Perfect Wedding magazine March 2012. Wedding in Greece in Perfect Wedding Magazine.
- Radio Sheffield
Lisa was on Rony Robinson’s show on BBC Radio Sheffield on 28th March.
- Brides Abroad issue 6
Read about Helen and James’s New York wedding at the Cop Cot in Central Park on page 40 and Lisa’s Agony Aunt page: Ask The Planners!
- Helen and James New York wedding in Brides Abroad Lisa’s ‘Ask the Planners’ in Brides Abroad
- Bridal Buyer trade magazine contacted us about wedding dresses for weddings abroad: Bridal Buyer wedding abroad dress article
- We contributed content and photos to ‘Inspirational I Do’s’, for weddings abroad inspired by film or TV.
Inspirational I Do’s page 1
Inspirational I Do’s page 2
- Pure Weddings
- Brides Abroad issue 5
We have 2 real life weddings featured in this issue:
Lynsey and Adam’s wedding in Cyprus at the Coral Beach Hotel and
Natalie and Glen’s wedding in Zante at Terazzo Beach.
On top of this we have contributed to the ‘Wedding Traditions’ and ‘Pop the Question’ articles and Lisa is the Agony Aunt in ‘Ask the Planners’.
Brides Abroad is in the shops now, but if you can’t wait, check out the scans on Facebook.
- Look Magazine
Featured Lisa in the 2011 valentines week issue in an article about women in the romance industry
See a scan of Lisa Burton in Look Magazine.
- Wedding Ideas Mag
Lisa contributes to Wedding Ideas Magazine’s ’20 rules of planning a whirlwind wedding’.
- Your UK Wedding Directory
Lisa contributes to yourukweddingdirectory.co.uk’s ‘destination wedding top tips’.
- The Prague Post
- The Czech Republics English language newspaper contacted Lisa for her expert opinion on this years wedding themes.
- Lisa Burton founder of The Bridal Consultant has been nominated for Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 with the Institute of Directors.
- You and Your Wedding
Asked Lisa to host a web chat for them.
- Step Up Finance
Featured Lisa in their blog series about entrepreneurs who think ‘outside the box’
- The Wedding Girl.co.uk
Asked Lisa about our new Jet Set Weddings packages, see the article here:
Asked Lisa for top tips for getting married abroad, see the article here:
- The Sheffield Star Interviewed Lisa and used one of our wedding couples for a feature on Wedding Planners.
See the scan here: Russell and Hayley Palmers New York Wedding and Lisa’s wedding planner article
- Confetti Magazine
Autumn Edition – Wedding Nuptials article.
July Edition – Meet Sheffield’s Bridal Expert article.
- The Sheffield Star
Interviewed Lisa for their “The Last Word” column.
See a scan here: The Star, Lisa Burton “The Last Word” interview
- Worldwide Weddings and Honeymoons – July/August 2010 featured us prominently in their Manhattan Brides article. They feature information and quotes from Lisa.
- Wedding Notebook
Featured our Sex and the City package.
- Our offices in Sheffield’s Kelham Island have been making quite a stir in the local business community.
The Business Desk.com – http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/24995-bridal-consultant-sets-out-to-turn-dreams-into-reality.html?news_section=10966
- Wedding Ideas Magazine May 2010
Our Sex and the City package is featured in the ‘Travel Ideas Destination News’ page (page 247).
pdf opens in new tab/window
- The Wedding Girl’s SOS
Featured an article about our New York Weddings including our Sex and The City package.
- We ran a poll on thebridalconsultants.com in 2009 to find the most popular overseas wedding destination and the results are in. In conjunction with Caxton FX currency exchange, the results from this poll and interviews with our principle consultant, Lisa Burton, have been featured in the following articles:
Destination Weddings Top 10 Picks feature.
- James Villas.
Interviewed for wedding in Cyprus feature.
Interviewed for wedding in Greece feature.
- Beautiful Weddings Magazine, launch edition.
Contributed in an article called ‘Holiday Romance’ discussing the pros and cons of marrying abroad.
- Enigma the international Arab Magazine.
Contributed to the article ‘Beyond the Ballroom, Exotic and Unusual Wedding Settings’.
- Inspired Weddings Magazine
Contributed to the article ‘In a Land Far Far Away…’.
- Emmerdale (off the TV!).
We were contacted by Emmerdale to consult on a story line. They wanted a destination where a couple could go and get married without any planning, so of course we suggested Las Vegas.
- Which! consumer magazine and online.
Recommended by Which! Also offered advice and tips for an article about getting married abroad.
- Money Magazine
Appeared in an article about how to save money with a destination wedding.