Wedding Packages Abroad Crete
Wedding Packages Abroad Crete
Crete is one of the largest islands in Greece and due to it’s busy agricultural industry Crete is one of the only islands that stays open year round.
The island has a rich agricultural industry and exports many fruits and vegetables from olives, olive oil, grapes and tomatoes. The best thing about this is that as a visitor to Crete you’ll enjoy many locally grown produce and you really can’t get more organic than that!
Crete has some of the largest, softest and whitest beaches in Greece. It’s this gorgeous landscape that encourages couples from all over the world to holiday and get married here.
In Crete you can find traditional fishing villages to modern five star hotels within easy reach of each other, so here you wont need to worry about your guests being comfortable. The island is so large and rich in history that it’s demands to be explored so guests wont be bored either.
Crete has one of the most varied portfolios for weddings, we have a treehouse in the middle of the countryside with it’s own Zoo, an organic working farm with village square and church and a romantic private olive grove, all available to hold your magical wedding abroad.
You can’t really get more diverse or unique than this.
Crete is amazing value for money too, so a budget that would be average at home will get you an incredible wedding just 4.5 hours away in Crete, and you don’t need to worry about the weather either.
Crete also has one of the longest summer seasons in Greece it’s not uncommon to go to the beach to bathe in November.
Below is a sample of one of our most popular wedding packages abroad Crete. Our inclusive packages include everything you’d need to celebrate your wedding in style, including floral centrepieces.
However our team of award winning wedding planners are here to ensure you have a day that is truly unique to you and we’ll ensure that you’ll have a dream wedding day and completely stress free wedding planning journey too!
Y O U R W E D D I N G D E T A I L S
T H E N E C E S S A R I E S
UK based wedding planner to arrange all the details of your wedding before you arrive in Crete for your wedding.
Help with all wedding paperwork to ensure your wedding is legal.
Unlimited emails, SKYPE and phone calls.
Wedding information pack to help with your wedding planning
Private wedding coordinator to stay to coordinate evening events
Pre-wedding meeting at your hotel
Visit the venue to see the ceremony and reception areas on arrival.
Escorted visit to the town hall to complete the legal process
Legalisation of the marriage document with apostille stamp
Delivery of marriage certificate before you leave Crete
Translation of 5 papers including final marriage certificate
Administration fees & VAT
A C C O M M O D A T I O N
Rental of the treehouse for one night – 2 people (the wedding night)
Breakfast on your balcony the morning after the wedding
Use of the grounds, jacuzzi, kitchen and lounge areas for the duration of the hire.
Cleaning and security
C E R E M O N Y & R E C E P T I O N S E T U P / D E C O R A T I O N
Metallic arch for the ceremony with simple flowers, lantern, fabric curtains and ribbon decoration.
White chair covers
Centrepiece – a traditional arrangement of olive branches in a glass vase for each dinner table
F L O W E R S
Bride’s bouquet in any choice of colours, local flowers
Matching single buttonhole for groom
P H O T O G R A P H S
Professional photographer during the ceremony and for 1 hour after
30 printed photographs and negatives on CD
Saxophonist to play at the ceremony
C A K E
Traditional Greek style wedding cake (enough to feed all)
D R I N K S
Welcome cocktail, Fresh Lemonade , Orange juice, Raki (local drink)
Drinks with Dinner
Soft Drinks (assorted), Red & White Wine in carafes, Raki (local drink), Still bottled water
A bar area will be set up and serviced by 2 barmen providing all necessary equipment, soft drinks and juices.
*For alcoholic drinks these are not included, please see notes below
W E D D I N G M E N U
Family style dining – served on platters for 4 people to share.
“Dakos” – Small barley rusks with fresh tomato and mizithra cheese
Traditional potato salad
Dolmades” – Stuffed vine leaves with rice and herbs
Traditional cretan meat pie
Eggplant with tomato and assorted cheese cooked in the oven
Sautéed lamb “tsigariasto”
Green salad with orange and sanguine, pomegranate and citrus dressing
Veal with marsala sauce, grilled vegetables and oven potatoes
Chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream
E N T E R T A I N M E N T
DJ to entertain the whole evening
P R I C E F O R 30 P E O P L E | 9882euros
P R I C E F O R 4 0 P E O P L E | 10612euros
P R I C E F O R 5 0 P E O P L E | 11227euros
T A K E N O T E
Prices are based on Monday to Thursday – a supplement applies to weekend weddings
This package may alter according to the number of persons, ask for details.
*Price shown 2021 prices may rise for subsequent years
Any alcoholic drinks can be requested before hand and paid for based on consumption (with a tab paid for by bride and groom at the end of the night) or we can arrange an open bar – this will be discussed individually and is not included in the price above, please ask for more details.
There are no transfers included in this package but can be arranged
There is no official end time at this venue, but the open bar will need to be extended for longer stays.
The above package allows for a timeline of 6.30pm ceremony until approx 2.30am. In July/August we suggest a ceremony time of 7pm until 3am.
Drinks packages are compulsory, there is no cash bar option here.
Ceremonies take place from 6.30pm.
Photographs included in our brochures are of a variety of weddings and are for inspiration purposes and are not necessarily representative of what is included in this sample costing, please see package details for what exactly is included, please ask for more details if you need clarification.
How to tailor your wedding packages abroad Crete
With Crete being a year round destination it’s a given that it attracts some of the best suppliers the wedding industry has to offer. The island is also home to some of the best photographers and stylists and wedding designers in the world.
If you can dream it, we can create it.
First a note about booking suppliers if you are planning on arranging your own wedding abroad. In recent years Greece has tightened its restrictions when it comes to working on the Islands. So when you book a supplier make sure you have all your paperwork in place and be sure the suppliers business is registered and they have documents to show they pay VAT too, which is not optional in Greece like it is in the UK for smaller businesses under the threshold.
These documents may be required by authorities and you don’t want to have any issues on your wedding day if a supplier is denied access to your venue.
Tailoring Your Wedding Package
Along with flowers and cake design and flavours there’s a few things you might want to consider when tailoring your wedding day.
- Flowers are great value in Crete so are a pretty way to bring some personality and colour to your wedding. However our packages do include a simple table centrepiece which you may feel is enough. Also consider your venues natural pallet before deciding on adding more. If your venue is already abundant with colour and foliage then do you really need to add more flowers?
- Fairy lights are a great way to add detail and ambience to an outdoor venue. Rather than hanging them overhead which can be expensive why not wrap them about trees, or even add hanging lanterns.
- Lighting – if your venue is outside and you want a particular colour or feeling to be evident at your wedding, then this can be arranged with specialist lighting.
- Consider table names, name cards and menu cards as ways to personalise your tables. We can arrange these or you can bring them from home.
- Greek dancers are almost always a must at Greek weddings. We suggest keeping it a surprise and having them perform after dinner so guests can be revived after eating the huge Greek portions you’ve just fed them.
- Live music is always a nice addition, either traditional musicians to serenade you or even a pop band for the evening.
- Crete is home to some amazing photographers, we can offer any style and duration you like, even a pre or post wedding shoot! Why not make the most of the incredible setting you get to have your wedding in.
- Remember to check the time of the sunset at your venue so you can make sure you get that romantic photograph to display on your wall at home.
- A videographer really does add another element to your wedding memories. If you’re anything like me you’ll forget what you’ve said as you’ll be so emotional you’ll be doing all you can to keep it together. We still love looking back at our wedding video, recorded 17 years ago.
- Interestingly in a recent poll we ran with our previous couples, their one regret was not hiring a videographer! Food for thought.
We hope this helps you understand more about our wedding packages abroad Crete work and how they can be tailored to make your wedding day unique.
To read more about why we use packages click here
To read about our wedding packages in Santorini click here
To read about our wedding packages in Rhodes click here
To read about our wedding packages in Zakynthos click here
Or to find out more about our wedding services in general please click here.